I keep going back!
This time to watch Rob play in the Australian Under 20’s World Junior Men’s.
What a champion!
We flew to Roma and then onto Naples. I was nervous about the apartment I had booked. Also about sharing it with peter and Elizabeth McGregor. They are Sam’s parents and we met them once at a game and decided to share!
As it turned out it was magnificent.
They were such fun and we had a great week.
The apartment was on Corso Vittorio Emmanuale. Top floor – so about 90 steps, so we could stay in shape! It was a short walk to the train station – then about 4 tops and a short walk to the pool. ALl this worked well as we went to the pool every second day.
Other days we spent exploring.
Highlights of the trip:
* amazing views from the apartment towards Mt Versuvius
* big rooms in the apartment
* heat, heat and more heat
* Showering outdoors on the roof terrace
* watching rob play so well
* meeting the other parents. Especially “My fleshy little peach – Janet Flazon.
* Taking the fast ferry to Positano and our great lunch at Chez Black
* going up on the vernicular
* finding a beautiful restaurant
* dinner with the other parents
* last night party on our roof top
Last day train back to Roma and having our last dinner with Peter and Elizabeth.